Telemedicine refers to all of the various ways that you can use technology to communicate with your doctor without being physically present in the room. Telemedicine can include video chats, telephone consultations, text messages, and emails. Telemedicine is secure and confidential.
Nephrology Associates Of North Central Florida offers telemedicine services to our patients to provide them with the care that they need without having to come to our office for an in-person appointment.
The only thing that you will need is your smartphone or computer and an internet connection. While telemedicine is convenient for everyone, it is especially beneficial for you under the following circumstances:
- You live a long way from our office.
- You live in a rural area.
- You do not have access to transportation.
- You have limited time or movement.
- You need medical care while you are traveling.
- You are quarantining and trying to minimize excursions into the community because of COVID-19.
To learn whether telemedicine is covered by your insurance, you will need to check your insurance plan. You can see whether telemedicine is covered and what fees and copays you might have to pay. If you do not have insurance, talk to us to learn about the cost of telemedicine services.
Back to top